SCHAUMBURG, IL (July 25, 2016) – STITCHES Midwest, the largest knitting and crochet consumer show in the Midwest, is expected to draw thousands of knitters and crocheters from across the country to the Schaumburg Convention Center. This 4-day event (August 4-7, 2016) will bring knitting and crochet experts, novices, and spectators together with designers, authors, educators, and suppliers from across the country and around the world.
This massive, four-day event includes:
- STITCHES Market featuring over 200 booths full of the latest knitting and crochet supplies, book signings, demonstrations, style shows and free Learn-to-knit clinics.
- More than 110 different, intensive classes for knitters and crocheters of all levels, covering almost every fiber related topic and taught by expert designers. Classes range in duration from three to six hours.
- A professional runway fashion show highlighting the latest trends in knitwear design hosted by Knitter’s Magazine editor Rick Mondragon and co-host Barry Klein.
- An attendee banquet with a fashion show featuring knit and crochet garments made by the attendees themselves
- Market Sessions, where anyone can learn something new in only an hour for $25!
- Industry Celebrities, including Chicago-based blogger and author Franklin Habit’s fascinating and irreverent glimpse into nineteenth century knitting publications; popular teacher and designer Candace Eisner-Strick’s tour of her new book, Knit My Skirt; and Steven Be’s passionate encouragement to unlock creative potential.
Fiber artists of all ages experience sensory overload in the STITCHES Market. Mountains of beautiful yarn, books, patterns, buttons, supplies, and gadgets of all kinds give eager shoppers exactly what they are searching for. Colors and textures to suit every style are found on the market floor. Exhibitors travel from as far away as Australia to introduce their products to the frenzy of knitters and crocheters
Expo activities are priced a la carte, but several packages are offered. Market entrance is $8 per day, with multi-day passes available at KnittingUniverse.com/MWMarket. Market sessions are $25 per class when booked in advance and $35 at the door if space is available. Intensive classes are $80 and up and include entrance to The Market. Tickets to the STITCHES Midwest Opening Day event, fashion show or attendee banquet program are $50 and up. Detailed information about all expo events and registration materials are available online at http://KnittingUniverse.com/Events/
STITCHES Midwest promises to be inspiring, fun and rewarding. If you’re a knitter or crocheter—or want to be—you have to check it out!
Picture highlights from all the STITCHES events are available online at http://KniTalk.com
To view a short YouTube clip about STITCHES Expos… https://youtu.be/PQCfaBYhhYU
About XRX, Inc.
STITCHES events take place all over America and are sponsored by XRX, Inc, home of Knitter’s Magazine & XRX Books.
Based in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, XRX, Inc. has been devoted to the knitting industry for the past 35 years. The company is best known as the home of Knitter’s Magazine, a quarterly publication featuring popular designers and the latest knitwear fashions, techniques and supplies. Knitter’s is read religiously by 90,000 needle artists across North America. The STITCHES Events division of XRX produces annual knitting expos—STITCHES West, South, Midwest, and Texas—as well as instructional retreats attended by knitting enthusiasts from all over the world. XRX Books publishes a wide variety of pattern and reference books for knitters and weavers.
For more information, please visit http://www.KnittingUniverse.com/Midwest/.
(323) 644-5536 • email@example.com